Chem-Dry Green Certified
Promoting a healthy household and a sustainable environment is at the forefront of what we do at Chem-Dry – from our proprietary low-moisture Hot Carbonating Extraction process to our Chem-Dry Green Certified cleaning solutions.
Today’s homeowners are concerned about the products and chemicals used in their homes, and rightfully so. Our goal is to offer customers a safer, healthier carpet cleaning that delivers fantastic results.
That’s why we have created the Chem-Dry Green Certified program. Through this internal certification process, we evaluate each of our cleaning products and assess them against strict qualifications. When you see the Chem-Dry Green Certified emblem you can trust that the cleaning solution is:
- Safe for humans*
- Safe for animals*
- Safe for aquatic life*
- Meets clean air requirements*
The Greener Carpet Cleaner
Other carpet cleaners often rely on harsh chemicals, but Chem-Dry has a different approach. Our core cleaning solution called The Natural(r) is one of the purest cleaning solutions available. It contains no soaps, solvents, enzymes, detergents, or fragrances. Furthermore, all of the ingredients in The Natural are on the FDA’s G.R.A.S. (Generally Recognized as Safe) list. Most importantly, it’s gentle enough to be used around kids and pets.
Additional Chem-Dry Green Certified Products
In addition to The Natural, several other products meet the strict standards of our Chem-Dry Green Certified program. They include:
- Stain Extinguisher
- World Famous Spot Remover
- Upholstery Rinse
- Upholster Wet/Foam Cleaner
- Fresh-n-Free Deodorizere and Ant-Allergen
- P.U.R.T. Liquid
- Pet Odor Remover
Health, Toxicity, and Safety
- Oral toxicity:LD 50>5000 mg/kg of body weight
- Dermal toxicity:LD 50>5000 mg/kg of body weight
- Inhalation toxicity:LC 50>20 mb/L or 20ppm
- Carcinogenicity:Products will not be recognized as a carcinogen or be listed by IAR, NTP, of CA Prop 65
Protection of Aquatic Life
- Aquatic toxicity:L/E/IC50=1-10 ppm then biodegradation must occur within a 10-day windowt
- Aquatic toxicity:L/E/IC50=10-100 ppm then biodegradation must occur within a 28-day window
- Aquatic toxicity:L/E/IC50=100 ppm then biodegradation need not occur within a 20-day window if no products of concern and half-life is <180 days. (Note: If product is an aquatic toxicant, then it must biodegrade rapidly and not be bioaccumulative.)
- Alkyphenol ethoxylates: No product will contain alkyphenol ethoxylates because these materials may be harmful to aquatic life.
- Inorganic phosphates: No product will contain inorganic phosphates because these materials may be harmful to aquatic life.
Safety for Materials Contacted
- pH requirement:The pH of the use solution of the product will be between 3-10. Clean Air Requirements
- VOC:The use solutions must contain less than 100g/L VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds)
Get Your Free Quote Today!
Contact us to get your free quote and to schedule an in-home consultation today!